High School ROAR Talent Competition
April 26 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Lions Club of Savannah is excited to be hosting the “High School ROAR” Talent Competition as a charity benefit for our local schools and the Lions Club. It is time to recognize the best of the best in our Savannah Chatham County area high schools and we are looking to showcase students who can sing, dance, play a musical instrument, or excel in any performing art!
Individual schools may register and participate. Funds raised during the campaign will benefit the individual, participating schools, and the Lions Club of Savannah. Each participating school will receive 60% of all sponsorships sold by their school.
Selecting Your High School Talent Contestant:
Area schools will be responsible for hosting individual talent auditions or school talent shows to select their ﬁnal contestant(s) representative ve to compete in the “High School ROAR” Talent Competition. The winning talent act submission date is March 1, 2020, by 8:00 pm.
Date and Time of Event:
“High School ROAR” Talent Competition will be held on April 26, 2020, at the Historic Savannah Theatre. The event starts at 6:00 pm. Dress rehearsal prior to the ﬁnal competition will be announced in March.
Red carpet photo opportunity
Winners of the “High School ROAR” Talent Competition on Receive:
- First Place: $1500 Educational Scholarship to Savannah Technical College and Trophy.
- Second Place: $1000 Scholarship to Savannah Technical College and Trophy.
- Third Place: $500 Scholarship to Savannah Technical College and Trophy.
- The high school of the ﬁrst place winner will receive the coveted Best in Talent Perpetual Trophy Cup and have the privilege of showcasing the award for one year.
- The high school raising the top monetary amount for their programs will receive the coveted Reaching Excellence in Fundraising Perpetual Trophy Cup and have the privilege of showcasing the award for one year.
- Additional awards provided through event sponsors will also be distributed.
History of the Lions Clubs International:
Lions Clubs International is the largest service club organization in the world. The ﬁrst Lions Club was formed in 1917 in Chicago by Melvin Jones, and other business leaders who belonged to the Business Circle of Chicago. Their goal was to make their community a better place through service. They reached out to similar groups in the United States and held an organizational meeting where they decided on the name “The Association of Lions.” Within three (3) years of being founded, the Lions Clubs became an international organization. In 1925, Helen Keller gave a speech at the Lions Clubs International Convention in Cedar Point, Ohio where she called on Lions to become “knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness.” Lions Clubs have a long history of aiding the blind and visually impaired, making a strong commitment to community service and serving youth throughout the world.